Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Leaving Boston Harbor

Boston Harbor is quite large.
There are several islands within the harbor.
These islands are accessible by way of a Boston Harbor ferry system. One can spend the day exploring the islands.

(Photo -- Wikipedia)

A visiting warship, docked at Fort Warren.



One of the most popular islands in the Boston Harbor is GEORGES Island location of Ft. Warren. In the past, there have been Civil War weekend reenactments at Fort Warren. (Getting all the soldiers and supplies--especially cannons, to the island was a logistical nightmare, but it was event enjoyed by all.)


From the air (Wikipedia photo)
(I missed this helicopter ride, too!)



Boston area shoreline community.
Doesn't it look tranquil in the nice autumn weather?


There are always pleasure boats enjoying the departure of large ships.








Doesn't the water look clean?
One sees a lot of sailboats and kayaks on a good day.


6 comments:

magiceye said...

The pics look beautiful when enlarged!

CARLOS said...

Margaret, precious these islands. A greeting.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Hi Margaret, thanks for stopping by in Perth..again :) I really enjoyed reading your views on your Australian trip, especially Perth and Fremantle, very happy that you enjoyed your visit so much. I've left you a link back on the Perth shots so that you can have a closer look at the Bell Tower.

Cezar and Léia said...

Dear Margaret, you are talented with your camera, these images are spectacular, thanks for sharing!What a great trip, I hope to visit there someday!
Léia

Firefly the Travel Guy said...

I have to say that I know very little of Boston and even the info about the harbour is news to me. I like all the islands around with different things to see there.

Unknown said...

I think I've never seen a map of the Boston Harbour so I had no idea about all the islands. Thank you, Margaret.