Sunday, June 15, 2014

Valparaiso, Port City West of Santiago

One of the most important port cities in Chile is Valparaiso.
I would encourage you to explore the links on this page. 

The residential area is built on hills overlooking the harbor.
It is possible to drive into the hills, but it is time-consuming.
In order to create a more efficient way of accessing the city from the residential area, ascensors have long been  utilized. Click the following link to see images.





Street Market



In April 2014, a fire destroyed over 3,000 homes on the hills of Valparaiso. Click here for images of the fire.


We're off to Santiago!


3 comments:

Joyful said...

Looks like such a nice city. It's really too bad about the fire. Such a tragedy.

By the way, I've had trouble leaving this comment. I kept trying and closed out and came back and then it worked!

Reima said...

Great post! I went to Chile 4 years ago and didn't get a chance to head to Valparaiso. :/ Hopefully I can come back, check it out, and more of this beautiful country!

Firefly the Travel Guy said...

The sights in this post reminds me a lot of back here in Africa